What Students & Parents Are Saying About Mickey:
- “I’m never stopping! Never let me give up!”
- “Continues to be an excellent teacher. Able to positively treat a teenager who is not always very well prepared. Effectively uses every opportunity to strengthen student’s skill. Good attention to detail. Takes into account student’s present proficiencies.”
- “Mickey, you’re great! We couldn’t ask for more. Thank you!”
- “Thank you for your extra support and encouragement this year. Selected good pieces and helped me master them. Very patient.”
- “Mickey really brings out the best in my daughter through her own excitement about music.”
- “Continued to foster the love of music. Treats student with respect even when student isn’t focused.”
- “You’re super!”
- “Mickey’s warmth and supportive personal style create a safe environment for learning – especially learning that involves making a lot of mistakes, like learning a musical instrument.”
- “Mickey is such a talented teacher! For more advanced students, she has the ability to hear what needs to be fixed and she knows how to fix it, all with a nonjudgmental style and sense of humor.”
- “As an older adult student, I not only appreciate Mickey’s skill as a piano teacher, but I also value her natural ability to collaborate rather than dictate. She will help you work toward your personal musical goals, not just some goals from a pedagogical template.”
- “I love Tuesday nights when he gets home and can’t wait to play new songs for us. (His Dad) and I had quite the recital last night which really warmed my heart. He sure loves taking lessons from you and we really appreciate all you have taught him in his many years with you!”
- “You are such a fantastic teacher. I cannot imagine Ella taking piano lessons from anyone else (and neither can she).”
- “You seem to know her so well. I think you’ve got her hooked on piano for the long haul. THANK YOU!! You are an amazing teacher, Mickey.”
- “Mara is loving college. She spent a long time on the phone with me one day going through her piano music at home that she wanted brought up to her. She is practicing everyday on the piano in her residence hall!! Thanks again for the years of your time with Mara.”
- “Thank you for your supportive and encouraging learning environment.”
- “You are so warm and natural with your students and their parents. I can see how much they like you and how they trust you with their children. And your energy and good nature are always infectious.” -D.M., adult student
- “Hooray! Yes, he got into the car and said “that was a fantastic lesson” and proceeded to share all the goodness:) Thank you for being such a positive influence and light in his life, it really fosters his love of music and provides so many more “lessons” than just music!” -A.J.-parent of high school student
Music By Mickey Named 2004 Dane County Small Business of the Year
Ten Dane County companies were honored at the 22nd annual Dane County Small Business Awards, co-sponsored by the Small Business Development Center, Bank One, In Business Magazine, MG&E, Midwest Family Broadcasting, and WBD Finance Corporation.
One of the companies honored was Music By Mickey, Inc, a Verona musical arts center. Michelle Lytle, owner and director, accepted the award on behalf of the school. Lytle’s husband Patrick as well as Assistant Director Kendra Klute and Office Manager Chris Collins also attended the ceremony.
The awards were given to for-profit businesses that are at least three-years-old, are successful, maintain a responsible and rewarding work place environment and provide in-kind or financial support to their neighborhood or community.
More than 250 people attended the awards ceremony. Keynote speakers were Dane County Executive Kathleen Falk, Anthony Chan, Ph.D, Senior Managing Director and Chief Economist with Banc One Investment Advisors, Michael Knetter, Dean and Professor in Finance, Investment and Banking UW-Madison School of Business.
Music By Mickey is the first Verona-based business to receive this award in its 22-year history.
Rhapsody Arts Center awards:
- The Capital Times featured Rhapsody – “Verona’s jewel” – in early March 2012 as part of their Around Town Verona supplement.
- Rhapsody was proud to be selected as one of Madison Magazine’s 2012 Best Places to Work. Channel 3000 featured us on their “Live at Five” segment on Tuesday, March 19, 2012.
- Rhapsody received the 2011 All Star Award from Constant Contact®, Inc., the trusted marketing advisor to more than half a million small organizations worldwide. Each year, a select group of Constant Contact customers are honored with the All Star Award for their exemplary marketing results. Rhapsody’s results ranked among the top 10% of Constant Contact’s customer base.